Friday, July 25, 2014

My “Bumper” and Brand

Via Julia Frost on Flickr
Welcome to my blog adventure! This is new territory for me, folks, but I hope to add my own personal stamp on the blogosphere by sharing insights and musings that will reveal, inspire and inform.

My moniker is “a business turnaround and transformation expert.” To be sure, that is what I have been doing the past years. But the first thing to know about me is that I am a foodie at heart! Stemming from that, my passion is to create innovative customer-centered shopping experiences. I pride myself on creating retail experiences that encourage customers to linger, taste, enjoy, learn, and return. In that way, both the customer and the company benefit. On this blog, I will share my experience and point of view on how to make that happen.

But there is more to talk about! I have thoughts to share on what I’ve learned about the interesting world of the food industry, specifically, business turnaround tips, change management, food trends, marketing, the role of technology, the GMO issue, local sourcing, customer service, philanthropy, creating community, loyalty programs, motivation, competition, being a food retail industry female executive, the psychology of the shopper, and much more.

On his much-read blog, preeminent marketing expert Seth Godin defines an individual “bumper” as “the way you sound and look in social media and even in your email.” Please follow me as I create my own “bumper” in this space. I’m Robin Michel and thanks for checking in.

Follow me on Twitter and connect with me on LinkedIn.